Job Posting – PR Manager or Senior PR Manager
We are looking for a PR Manager or Senior PR Manager to join our team. Is it you?
Worthington PR & Story is a sought-after communications, PR and digital agency based in Calgary.
We embrace our core values, which include serving as trusted advisors, having an approachable attitude, creative problem-solving, being tuned in, and participating in inspiring work within a collaborative culture.
Are you ready to take the plunge on a great opportunity to expand your skills and quickly grow your career in a positive, team-based, entrepreneurial environment?
We have an opening on our team as a PR Manager or Senior PR Manager.
You will serve as a key player of a fast-paced, professional and friendly team, working collaboratively to develop and deliver incredible results on client projects and campaigns, with an emphasis on public relations, media relations, writing, events and project management.
We pride ourselves on providing excellent client service, being trusted team players, supporting each other, learning, working hard and celebrating our wins.
Important components of this role include a strong knowledge and proven experience working with the media, producing PR materials, mentoring team members, impeccable communications skills and an understanding of media monitoring and analysis.
Previous PR agency experience is an asset.
We offer a hybrid work environment (3 days in the office and 2 days optional work from home), competitive salary, health benefits, bonuses, paid personal days and many other workplace perks.
- Leading 5-7 key accounts and serving as a trusted and valued advisor to our clients.
- Solid experience in a variety of public relations activities, events, media relations, business communications and social media best practices.
- Writing and executing PR, Media Relations and Event plans
- Managing and mentoring team members
- Representing the agency at events and networking opportunities
- Exceptional writing skills and an eye for good design
- Managing client calls, meetings, deadlines and deliverables with ease.
- Managing a robust and varied client portfolio, while making every client feel like your only client.
- Continuously developing your skills through workshops and educational opportunities
- Maintaining strong relationships with members of the press and experience in media relations
- Managing project budgets
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- The ideal candidate has a Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or a related discipline.
- An understanding of client service excellence and the ability to serve as a trusted advisor to team members and clients.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in your field.
- Writing samples or portfolio provided upon request.
- This position is based in Calgary.
- Experience working in a PR, Marketing or Communications agency setting.
About Worthington PR & Story
In just five years, Worthington PR & Story has grown into a well-established and highly respected PR and communications agency. WPRS provides strategy, writing, public relations, social media, communications, events and marketing expertise to retail, consumer, tourism, financial, tech and real estate brands. We are also home to Noble Arrow, providing communications strategies and support to meaningful charities and community changemakers. www.worthingtonpr.com
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Rachel Redmond at firstname.lastname@example.org with “PR Manager Job Application” in the subject line. This position will close once a suitable candidate is found.