Job Posting – Office Manager and Executive Assistant (P/T)
We are looking for a part-time Office Manager and Executive Assistant to join our team. Is it you?
Worthington PR & Story was founded in 2018 and is a growing PR and communications agency based in Calgary. We help brands share their stories with the world. We do this by:
- Offering best-in-class communications, digital and public relations services.
- Serving as an impeccable partner that provides value to clients.
- Applying creative ideas and unique strategies to every project.
- Adjusting to the ever-changing business environment and staying innovative.
- Being trusted advisors to our clients’ strategic teams.
You would be a key part of a fast-paced, professional and friendly agency team, working in a supportive role to develop and deliver incredible results for our agency.
We pride ourselves on providing excellent client service, being trusted team players, supporting each other, learning, working hard and celebrating our wins.
The successful applicant is highly organized, can multitask, prioritize tasks, has great time and financial management skills and a can-do attitude. You will use your exceptional attention to detail to manage a wide variety of administrative tasks including, but not limited to, updating documents and presentations, prioritizing and/or responding to correspondence, maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, preparing bookkeeping items, and supporting on a variety of administrative and office management tasks. You have the ability and experience to successfully execute tasks that involve independent and practical thinking, demonstrating excellent judgment and problem-solving abilities and a willingness to learn new skills. You are passionate about staying organized and are proactive about managing priorities and tasks to help keep everything running smoothly.
This role requires previous experience in a similar position as an office manager or executive assistant, excellent knowledge of Google suite, Dropbox and MS Office. Knowledge of social media platforms and a post-secondary degree or diploma considered an asset. This is an in-office position, starting at 20 hours per week.
- Provide executive administrative support to the company principal and team members as required
- Act as office manager by keeping up with inventory and requirements as needed
- Organize and coordinate information, workflow and other office activities; create new or improve existing processes and procedures to ensure administrative effectiveness
- Prepare, organize and distribute agendas, expense reports and other documents as required – proactively follow up on action items
- Coordinate, manage and assist with the planning and execution of internal and external meetings and events
- Financial administration
- Support with onboarding new clients
- Event and meeting coordination
- Screen and direct phone calls/emails and distribute correspondence accordingly
- Organize and maintain office files (both digital and physical)
- Manage calendars and set up meetings; prepare/tidy meeting rooms
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
- The role starts at 20 hours per week with opportunity for growth
Interested applicants should email a current cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Job Opportunity” as the email subject line. This posting is open until September 1 or until a suitable candidate is selected.