*Position Closed: Job Posting – Communications Intern (Summer Contract)
We are looking for a Communications Intern to join our team between May 1 and August 31, 2023. Is it you?
Worthington PR & Story was founded in 2018 and is a growing communications agency based in Calgary. We guide brands to share their stories with the world. We do this by:
- Offering best-in-class communications, digital and public relations services
- Serving as an impeccable partner that provides value to clients
- Applying creative ideas and unique strategies to every project
- Adjusting to the ever-changing business environment and staying innovative
- Being trusted advisors for our clients’ strategic teams.
You would be a key part of a fast-paced, professional and friendly agency team, working collaboratively to develop and deliver incredible results on client projects and campaigns.
We pride ourselves on providing excellent client service, being trusted team players, supporting each other, learning, working hard and celebrating our wins.
You would have an opportunity to apply your public relations and writing skills, including media list development, media monitoring, media reporting, writing public relations materials, pitching the media and working on a variety of tasks within the agency environment.
The successful applicant can multitask, prioritize tasks and be results-driven. A successful applicant for this role must be enrolled in a post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications or public relations. No prior experience in an agency is required for this role.
This position offers a hybrid in-office and work-from-home schedule, with three days a week in office and two days (optional from home). The role is based on a 40 hour work week.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Provide exceptional work in all types of media relations and social media communication.
- Excellent knowledge of Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn.
- Support in writing public relations materials, social content and communications plans.
- Support in brainstorming award-winning, insight-driven, creative ideas to drive results.
- Support in developing compelling social content for all different platforms, staying on brand and being creative for each client.
- Ability to think outside the box and research ideas to stay on trend with the ever-changing world of social media.
- Support with the development of media lists, pitching media, media reporting.
- Manage external partners and vendors.
- Assisting in event coordination and planning.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, creative, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment.
- Administrative support as required.
About Worthington PR & Story
In just five years, Worthington PR & Story has grown into a well-established and highly respected PR and communications agency. WPRS provides strategy, writing, public relations, social media, communications, events and marketing expertise to retail, consumer, tourism, financial, tech and real estate brands. Also home to Noble Arrow, providing communications strategies and support to meaningful charities and community changemakers.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Rachel Redmond at email@example.com and address “Communications Intern Job Application” in the subject line. Apply quickly, this position will close as soon as a suitable candidate is found